Addicted to Ink

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Lamenting my lack of discipline...

I'm so jealous of people who can eat anything they want and never work out and never gain a pound.
That's not me.
Unless I am 100% perfect, 100% of the time... well, let's just say I can gain weight looking at a picture of chocolate. So here I am, once again intent on trying to do this whole kickboxing-getting-healthy obsession. Because if I don't give it a 110%, it just doesn't happen - I won't lose weight, I won't feel good, I won't be fit. So ignore me for awhile if I get a little wierd(er)...

As I was thinking about this whole healthful process last night, I realized that it's like that with anything in life. If we want to become spiritually healthy, we must give that 100%, too, in whatever things make us fit, like reading, praying, fasting, meditating, other disciplines. I want those things to be a regular, solid part of my lifestyle.

I've always considered myself to be industrious, but in some ways, I'm just plain lazy. Some days, though, I refer to it as being "busy." Which I am.

But it's all about priorities, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Amber-
I can totally understand what you are talking about. I too have always had to watch what I eat. Cheesecake is my weakness- OK really any sweet. I am trying to get back into a more balanced life as well right now - diet, exercise, and spiritually.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home