Addicted to Ink

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The strangest thing...

the craziest verses in the whole Bible are so counter to our culture, to what we believe, to what we feel is right, to our personalities, to how we were made.

These words:


Luke 6:20-23a
Then Jesus looked up at his disciples and said: "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you will be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude you, revile you, and defame you on account of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, for surely your reward is great in heaven."

Poor? I've been known to work four jobs at once.
Hungry? Fasting is one of the hardest things ever.
Weeping? I hate crying - it's a sign I have NO control over my emotions.
Hated? I'm can tend to be such a people pleaser - I want people to like me.
Excluded? I want to know all the secrets - can't stand being left out of the loop.
Reviled? One little insult can make me crazy & obsessive all day.
Defamed? I try to live an honorable life - and strive for a good reputation.

ahhh, the mysteries of the Gospel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home