Addicted to Ink

Thursday, June 01, 2006

blogworld

I've been mostly absent from my blog lately... too much is on my mind that I can't translate to my computer keys.

In the past week I've learned that the hotel we were supposed to stay in for the next two weeks (& we've stayed in for the past number of years) went bankrupt & closed their doors.

Our transportation company turned off their engines - also bankrupt.

Scary. Thankfully, we have the best translator team/friends in the world, who have worked out other arrangements for us. God bless them!

I'm also dealing with my own insecurities/inadaquecies as a leader and seriously wrestling with a coupla possibilities for my future when I get back from the trip.

Prayers, please?

Also, if anyone wants to be on a list to receive emails from me while I am in Ukraine, please let me know. For the most part, I know your email addresses :0) Or, feel free to read our updates at this link.

Thanks for your prayers, friends - I'll really be needing them for the next two weeks!

i should add - the site won't be quite ready 'til Friday afternoon - sorry for any confusion!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow! sounds like its starting off a little crazy, but is under control now... Definately keep me updated. I went to your link, but it wouldn't let me access anything. It said it was all "coming soon". my email is ackohlsrn@gmail.com. You'll be in my prayers! Thanks for your encouragement, by the way! You rock!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Amber, just remember this: leadership isn't about being the strongest or the one with all the control. It's about guiding others in the right direction. Jesus didn't win followers by ordering them about. He lived his own life that showed us (if we're paying attention) how to live as well. That's all you can expect for yourself, and I know you can do this. I've seen it. =)

And if this doesn't work, then I know somewhere in there is a take-charge woman who won't take any shit. =) =) (just kidding)

You're in my prayers, friend. Love Ya!

9:22 AM  
Blogger the muse said...

Amber, I'm glad to hear that you were able to make other arrangements regarding hotel and transportation. As far as leadership insecurities go... just trust that God will work through you on this trip and will provide you with what you need, be it a hotel, a bus, or a skill.

I'll keep you in my prayers. Safe travels!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home