Addicted to Ink

Friday, July 27, 2007

Springfield native...

Yes, we the Simpsons fans saw The Movie this afternoon. I thought it was great. Typical Simpsons fare. Mike enjoyed it, but said he'd give it a "B."

We had a very busy--but fun!--day, and were grateful to spend all of it together. Actually, last night, we were both working on our laptops at about 10 p.m. and he looked over at me and said, "Hey, wanna go to a movie?"
Enjoying the fact that neither of us had to work the next morning --and the fact that we won't have many more opportunities to do this in the next decade-plus, I said, "Sure."

Despite the fact that we didn't get home til after 1, and I didn't fall asleep til almost 3, I was shocked that I didn't wake up until almost 10. I usually can't sleep that late these days! Enjoy it now, right?

So anyway, we met friends for a soup, salad, & breadsticks lunch - also lots of fun (one of the friends is pregnant & we go to the same doctor, so we have a lot to talk about!) then... we did round one of baby registering.
Exhausting!
I assumed that since I had a very organized, detailed registry list that I've been working on for a week, that I wouldn't fall prey to the off-the-list stuff. But I kinda did, a little. And Mike & I had already picked out a stroller in a previous visit to the Baby Mecca, but after breaking his foot last week, we decided to pick out something that was a lot more lightweight. And we had serious stroller envy of this other couple from England who were there, because they had this high-tech, teeny tiny stroller... nothing like you'd find here! Even the tiny car seat was very light and compact, yet sturdy and very well-made. You never know... you can find anything online these days, right? Bedtime!

Hope you all had a good day, too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Cindy said...

Where do you go to register for a baby? Are they giving them away? How and when did Mike break his foot?
Yes my dear, enjoy every bit of rest you get. In fact you should try to store up a little.
Where did you eat? Olive Garden? That sounds like what they offer. I am certainly glad you guys had a good time together. I love you both.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home