Addicted to Ink

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Just call me Aunt Baby-sitter

I played today.
It was fun.

It's been a long time since I've done that - but Carrie needed me today. She was in charge of games for her company's picnic, and Bill had to work, so she asked me to watch Emma. It was fun!

We were at "Shelters 3 -4" of Stadium park, and where there's one kid, there are 10 more. So I pushed kids on the merry-go-round, running until I was dizzy, and pushed kids on swings and helped them climb the monkey bars and played catch with giant rubber balls and got them half-cups of the orange McDonalds "bug juice" and held Emma while the big kids and Paws, the bear mascot for "Help Me Grow" took swings at the pinata (so violent!) and then scrambled for candy.

There is such joy on the faces of children at play. Sheer freedom in their eyes as they are racing ahead of you to beat you to the swingset. Their laughter is pure, their smiles are genuine. No guessing how they're feeling!

I think Emma was asleep by the time Carrie's minivan made its way to the first traffic light.

I'm exhausted, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home