Addicted to Ink

Thursday, July 13, 2006

What a bizarre week.

This week has been so crazy... I think I've experienced every emotion known to woman.

I've been angrier - and more embarrased - than I've ever been in my life (Most of you know about this subject-that-refused-to-die on Monday).

I set my hair on fire (accidentally, of course); and last night I was ready to pull it out strand by strand (not accidentally!).

Our magazine won one of four prestigious awards out of 800 other publications.

My feelings have been hurt - irrationally, for I know that this particular situation will never be anything but what it is.

I have been reminded of the amazing friendships I have.

I have begun to grieve the fact that my sister will be living so far away from me for who knows how long, even as I rejoice with her in this exciting time; and have missed other family members intensely this week.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm presenting at an art conference tomorrow? A writing session... I've never done anything like that before. Scary.

Sheesh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I remember getting a feeling as a child where I was feeling soo many emotions that I didn't know which one to go with. For me that feeling looked like the crayon box I left sitting in the sun too long. All the pretty colors smeared into on glob of browns, reds, greens, and blues. And not much has changed now that i'm an adult-- life seems to happen all at once. Congrats on the award!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

It is our priveledge, as women, to FEEL everything. Sometimes I wish (when I'm angry or tormented) I had man's cool rationality, but then I think I'm glad I get to FEEL so much of the good stuff men often miss out on. The bad stuff I just have to cry out or sweep under the rug.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home