Addicted to Ink

Thursday, March 01, 2007

funny old finds

Unlike Megs, Matt & Andrew, I'm not getting a new home.
But in the past few weeks, I've gotten two new offices.
I created an office for myself at home from my old throw-everything-in-there-room that now, as Carrie says, is sooooo New York :) And yes, Mom, I promise, photos to come. It's really inviting... and inspiring.

I also, this week, on Tuesday in fact, moved from one building to another at work. It's only 2 x 5 inches bigger than my old office, but it's so much nicer, and things are working out, to be frank, so much better than I think everyone expected them too. And now that my creative juices are flowing from creating my home office, my new work office is looking pretty good, too, despite the fact that I'm 'not allowed' to choose the paint color (at least yet!) . But I definitely can't complain - I have my own office.

And the other day, as my boss was purging her office, she came across a funny old card, thanking her for sending me to The Rep to interview for an internship. It's so funny to think of what might have happened if I wouldn't have gotten that gig...

Though we've been purging tons of stuff lately, we're definitely not getting rid of that note!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAN"T CHOOSE YOUR OWN PAINT??? What are they thinking? Don't they know an artist draws from her environment???!!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome Am!:)D
and i agree with Kev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's AWESOME that you've turned that room into an office!!!! wow i'm seriously impressed......(to be honest though, i always loved that room..the way it was....it was just..fun and random and i liked looking at everything. but i'm sure you'll feel much more organized since you've got an office and i can see how that can make things more organized at work of course. I WANT TO SEE PICTURES TOO!!!!!!!

as i type, i'm making my own online store @ etsy.com!!!!!!!!! when i'm finished, i'll send you the link i'm SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!

love Liss

12:18 PM  
Blogger amber said...

NOTE: I'm having lots of problems with my blog since "switching over", so I'll update again when I can!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home