Addicted to Ink

Monday, October 17, 2005

Monday, Monday

Ahhh. Back to my mountain of work. That's okay, though. Feeling pretty refreshed -- thanks to Red Rock Canyon, I think.

Plus a couple of great reads I picked up at Border's yesterday. I'm usually cheap when it comes to buying books (I LOVE amazon & half.com) but hey, I had a 25% off discount. And I was shopping with a friend. Why is it that I always buy more when I'm with friends?

Anyway, my choices were:

Nickel & Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich. It's fascinating so far - very fascinating. (Anyone ever read Studs Terkel's Working? It's totally different, but kinda the same feel or something.

Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi - which I haven't started yet, but it's been on my reading list for quite a while now.

and:

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire. Very fun. I'm on chapter 3, but read the first chapter aloud last night as a bedtime story (practice for someday, right?). Maybe someday yet I'll get Mr. Hardcore News to listen to/read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, even if I have to read it to him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home