Addicted to Ink

Saturday, February 16, 2008

abstract / in your face

The other (pregnant) couple and my husband laughed at me when, over wings a few weeks ago at our favorite hangout, I made the comment that "being pregnant is soooooo much different than him being here."
Duh. Of course it is.
But I think what I meant to say that being pregnant (for the first time, at least) is so... abstract. Your body is changing - a lot - and sure, you love the kid (in healthy situations, anyway) but it's not real until *he's* here.
Once *he* arrives... your world get turned upside down, and nothing is the same. It's better. It's worse. It's amazing. It's the scariest thing in the world.
I was thinking about these things today, at the first baby shower I've attended since D's arrival. I talked to Brad (the new dad) afterward, and he told me that he was getting light-headed as they opened the little OSU onesies and the fuzzy pajamas. I smiled... and clarified what I'd been trying to say at dinner.




Everything is so different now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Cindy said...

Amber, He is getting cuter each time I see a picture. It is a scary time, afun time, an amazing time. And it continues. Love you,Aunt Cindy

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE IS SO HANDSOME!!!!!!
PRECIOUS. I can't wait to hold him again.
I would have known what you meant, because sometimes the words that come out of my mouth-people look at me like I have a 'laugh at me' sign on my forehead(okay that is pretty much daily). That is because they never give me time to explain. I definetly feel like an abstract painting lol body parts being stretched and pulled out...I almost feel like a 'DAHLI' painting. See there I go again with the crazy things. But yes it is abstract inside because all these amazing(and sometimes scary) changes are happening to my body,emotions,and entire world!
The only things I AM certain of the love that God, Jeremy, and I have for Jayden. That it WILL be scary,crazy,happy,breathtaking,and amazing. And that I've got the love and support of my entire family to help us to each milestone in his life.

Love,Allissa

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home